West Lafayette Margerum City Hall
Originally constructed in 1929 as the West Lafayette Morton School which housed the community’s students as the only elementary school in the city until 1955. It continued to function as an elementary school until 1985 when it became the city community center. The City needed a new home for their offices and this National Register of Historic Places former school was deemed the new location.
The renovated building is home to the City of West Lafayette’s offices as well as several community center functions.
The former gym and stage are now the Council Chambers for public meeting rooms are provided for community use as well as the public “help desk” connection to the City offices. The second floor of the renovated school integrates workplace environments for the City offices including various meeting spaces, focus booths and enclaves for personal work.
LocationWest Lafayette, Indiana, USA
- ClientWest Lafayette Redevelopment Commission
- Size30,000 F²